Sunday, June 08, 2008

Sex and the City



Things the movie illuminated for me:

  • Shoes make me happy!
  • People hurt people.
  • Forgiveness is hard.
  • Humans like the words "I", "me", "my" and "mine".
  • Friends are a true blessing.
  • Love can stink.
  • Families are out of fashion.
  • Lonliness isn't nice.
  • People want to be loved.
  • Broken relationships are painful.
  • Macs are cool.
  • Love brings great joy.
  • People want to live life their own way.
  • Marriage is a good thing but misunderstood by many.
  • Children are a miraclous gift.
  • People ignore God.

3 comments:

mark said...

what? mac's are cool? .... man, i'm way behind the 8-ball.

and to think i didn't want to see this movie!...

psychodougie said...

and so, coincidentally are the people who use them. who woulda thunk it?

a girl at church said she cried TWICE during the movie. and i don't think it was for any of the reasons you listed, ie loneliness, the loss of the idea of family, people's selfishness.

i couldn't take her seriously after that. was i wrong?

Hayley said...

mark
meh! you are so 1999 ;)

psychodougie
1. I think you are right - it goes without saying really...

2. crying... um you could be wrong? Perhaps if I listed the scene that illustrates people's selfishness, lonliness, etc you too may cry!

I loved the movie... self indulgent and immoral, but telling and fun!

I'm praying for it to be a covnersation springboard!