Friday, August 10, 2007

August Prayer Points...

Youth

  • Death by Chocolate night tonight - fun times to indulge in all things chocolate!!! "This is a taster" night for iGod which starts next week. Pray that friends do come tonight, that we aren't as scary as some people might think and that Marcello will speak well and kids will be keen to come to iGod!
  • iGod - starts August 17th.... Pray for the speaker, can't remember who, some dude from somewhere, but hopefully he will be good! Pray for logistics as I don't think we have been told to be doing anything, so hopefully food and setup and stuff is all sorted.
  • Pray for my year 12 girls - thanks that trials are over but that the HSC is still looming. Pray for their stress levels to lessen and to keep trusting God every step of the way.
Night Train
  • 6 Steps to Talking about Jesus - Thanks to the 10 women who signed up who are motivated to develop their skills in sharing Jesus with their friends, family and stangers!
  • Creativity - to think up some more practical exercises to do, so that the women can actually have a go at sharing Jesus.
  • Good times - sharing lives with these women has been great and the fellowship over God's word is awesome. Thanks for what God is teaching us. Pray that God would continue to transform us all into bold and confident women who delight in the Gospel
Scripture @ Paddo
  • 2 girls have left our class... one said because it is 'boring' the other said because 'i don't like it anymore'. This hurts! Doreen and I are trying to work out why two of the most well behaved girls, who contribute and seem to have fun don't like it. Pray that Doreen and I would be more creative with our songs, games, activities, stories and worksheets!
  • Pray for the kids with behavioural problems, who make teaching difficult and who we give lots of attention when we disciple. Pray that no child would stop another child's interest and that all distractions would stop.
  • Pray that Art class would not be run at the same time as our lesson.
  • Praise God that one new girl has started coming - she is really inquisitive and asks great questions.
  • Praise God for 'D' - we are studying the Kings of Israel at the moment and he was really frustrated last week and asked: "Can you tell me at least one King who listened to God and wasn't so evil - and don't tell me that there were none - cause that really would be that Jesus is the only perfect King" - He gets it! Pray that the seed is ripped away!
  • Pray for 'T' - as she grapples with the truth that we are all sinful. She is convinced her Auntie is sinless and so was Mary, the Mother of Jesus....
Personal - me, me, me, me, me....
  • I have been a little under-the-weather with sinusitis... my nose is slowly drying up! Please pray for continued recovery!
  • I also am feeling pretty run down generally and feeling bit exhausted. Pray for renewed energy and enthusiasm and for God's sustaining hand. May he keep reminding me that all I do is in his strength and power!
  • Pray for decisions about next year... college interview coming up in a week or so!
  • Thanks for friends and the life God has given them and the times I get to celebrate their birthday (Mia, Gina, Nicole & Nicolette) & marriage (Cali & Zach - friends from school)- pray for many gospel opportunites and good times!!!
Thanks friends for praying for me and my ministry... I am very thankful to God for you all who constantly uphold me in prayer. It truly is a great partnership in the Gospel!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

COOL!! :) great update - glad for prayer points :)

Did people come on friday?? Praying God continues to sustain you and that you continue to trust in him for ALL!!

Hayley said...

Yes i had 6 girls on friday... PRAISE JESUS and the OC for it's drawing power! NAH... I actually reckon it's the gospel that draws peeps in!

This catholic background chic is really working hard to work it all out! She was back last friday - pray she keeps coming - and even to come to iGod! PRAISE JESUS!