Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Prayer Update - March

It's been a fast start to the year...

I am finding this year just as ejoyable as last year, but there seems so much more to do and so much more expected from you!

I guess I don't have the excuse of settling in/ finding feet etc. So I am just expected to go about all I do and some more!

I am really excited about STREET TEAMS. Marty and I are organising community outreach for LIFE'S GOOD WEEK coming up in May. We have several dates for groups from Morning Church and Evening Church to go doorknocking to invite people to Life's Good, to proclaim Jesus and to promote St Matthias. Pray that many would sign up to help reach Paddington with the gospel.

PRAISE GOD for TAT. The women in my group this year are a joy! I have been so encouraged by their enthusiasim to grapple with the big issues and doctrine found in Genesis. It has been exciting to see these women try and hold Genesis and the rest of the bible & Christ altogether. I have really enjoyed the studies I have led these women in... WORK & REST and WHAT A WONDERFUL WORLD... I did a short video/photoslide of images that contridict and support Louie Armstrong's lyrics and we tried to work out why this world has so many contrast of good and evil - joy and suffering.

PRAISE GOD for SCRIPTURE @ PADDO - this year as been dramatically better than last year. I think the hard work Doreen and I put into the lessons last year is reaping fruit this year. The children in our class seem so keen to uderstand what it means for JESUS to be the Son of God and interacting with the truths of the gospel. Pray that the seeds planted here would not be stolen, strangled or snatched by the evil one.

PRAISE GOD for SCRIPTURE @ ROSE BAY - The high school kids seem to love us much more this year. Discipline is far less a problem. The youth are more engaged, prepared to listen and think hard about the gospel. Today, I was able to clearly present the gospel using 2ways 2live (the first ever I have used it from begining to end with drawings) and my group of girls iteracted with the gospel. They asked all the 'right' questions. They wanted to know "what gives God the right to be so egotistical?" - one of the girls (not from Xn background) said 'well he is God isn't he, if he didn't demand our respect then he wouldn't be God, he created us so of
course he has the right"... "Will God really leave us dead in our sin?" perfect lead into box 4.

I have also given my testimony at these sessions and it has been really cool to see the youth keen to work out why I would choose to follow Jesus. It has been really rewarding to share with them how God has so graciously been at work in my life.

Drama is moving on well... lots of fun! We are having a Sunday School Social on this Friday and lots of the Drama kids are keen to come pray that they would come and build good relationships with the other church children.

ISCF @ Randwick Girls - please pray for this group. Not many have been coming or commited to the group on Friday lunchtimes. Lots of school things are on and distract girls from coming. Pray that the 30 or so girls that came through the doors last year would return.

YOUTH GIRLS - pray for these girls as they are in the middle of HSC half yearly exams. Pray that they would not stress out, that they would have good recall of all they have studied, that they would study diligently and that they would be reliant and dependant on the Lord in prayer during this busy and stressful time. Pray that Jesus would stay #1.

3 comments:

Sammi said...

So much to pray for!! Thanks :)

How did the social go??

Aaron Plunkett said...

G'day Hayley,
I ran accross your blog through Doug's blog. How do u know him? It's a small world, but even smaller within Christian circles.
PHAT start's in 5 days!!! Can't wait.

Hayley said...

Gotta love Christian circles...
I know Doug through doing MTS, Wild St used to be apart of Matthias last year.

Will have to check out ur blog now and see whose blogs i can get to from yours.. hehehe!

PHAT Camp... they always sound so much fun... our youth are going to KYCK! I'm looking fwd to it.

_____________________
THANKS FOR YOUR PRAYERS SAMMI!