Monday, March 05, 2007

Dancing...

My dancing feet...

I've decided to take up Scottish Highland Dancing again.

It is fun way to keep fit and a helpful way to step outside my Christian bubble, oh and meet some folk in the East.

So on Thursday nights I will be found in a church hall in Waverley trying to dance the fling, gillie challum, sean triubhas, flora mcdonald fancy, sailors hornpipe, irish jig, scottish lilt, wilt thou go to the barracks, Johnnie, village maid and lots more...

I haven't dance in 7 years but it is amazing the amount of steps and dances I remember and my feet just do stuff without me even thinking too much about it... It's quite fascinating that it all just floods back!

It's been interesting to get back into the swing of building relationships with people, who you don't necessarily have to make friends with, you don't see often... it's like building friendships with people when working in an "office" where you only get snippets of who they are & what they think in passing conversation and since we are there to dance our conversations are usually about dance steps, our poor muscles, new stretches, competitions and displays.

It's nice to have a dose of reality with the way the world build friends rather than the church way - which is so personal and intense. It's good to remember that relationships take time to build.

Pray that I would strive for genuine relationships that God may choose to use to bring more into his kingdom.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

THATS SO COOL!!!!!! you have to teach me sometime =)