Monday, December 04, 2006

December Prayer Update

I am so overwhelmed by God's kindness this year to me. I have become a part of a new church, tried new ministries, obtained new skills, developed old ones, realised poor skills, I have learned a lot, cried a lot, laughed a lot and met so many new and wonderful people this year (probably met 400+ new people this year)!

:: My Youth Girls ::
Praise God for them all :: Ellen, Nikk, Verity, Suzanna, Chloe, Louisa and Caitlin. They have been a huge blessing to me this year. God has used them in so many ways to shape me, train me and encourage me. I was blown away yesterday of how generous and how well they know my co-leader Alicia and I as they gave us thankyou/xmas gifts. The gifts were really thoughtful!

:: Drama ::
All year Robyn and I have struggled to reconcile the amount of time and effort we put into a non-word/bible teaching ministry, especially as we are essentially employed as bible teachers (or trainee one anyway). But God has shown me this year the ministry of drama is a unique way to build trusting and genuine relationships with families who would never come to church.

Not-yet-Christian families think highly of Robyn and myself and now after the success of the end of year performance think very highly of the Matthias community - One mother saying how it must be a joy and privilege to belong to such a community... and yes what a springboard for a gospel conversation. PRAISE GOD!

:: Outside Matthias Ministries ::
Summerfest 07 – January 06th to 13th. Pray for good leading with Andy and smooth running of the week. Pray that organization and delegation goes well!

KYCK 07 – (April) Pray that God would give me creativity to think through the bits that I am responsible for. Pray that we will have productive meetings in the next few weeks!

:: Personal ::
In the prayer update at church on Sunday it was asked that people "pray to find a replacement for Hayley in Drama 2008". This is sad – but I know long term bible college is a good thing and something I really want to do!
Pray for peace of mind – to just keep on serving whole-heartedly and worry about decisions for 2008 when I really need to.

I have realised this year, the many opportunities available to me to serve and the vast contexts I can promote the gospel… this has been really helpful to have experienced and good to help me to begin thinking in creative ways to serve, especially as a woman pursuing full-time ministry.

Thank God for the BIG answer to prayer - in providing opportunities and time in building my friendships with my not-yet-Christian friends. Pray especially for Lisa and George - that I will not be lazy in finding time to genuinely relate to them, and to not hide that I am a Christian. Pray that my speech would be littered with the way God is at work in my life, share what I am learning about myself, God and the world in a natural manner - really I guess I am asking that you pray I would shine like a light for Him.

Praise God for all that I have been able to do through his strength this year. I am so thankful for the MTS role at Matthias. It is truly a privilege and am thankful that I can continue on here next year.


NEXT YEAR:
Pray that Caro, Warwick and I will be able to work out well the best use of my time, the ministries to invest more time into and the ones to pull a little back from.

Working out what areas I need more training or experience in and stretching me in that. But also that I won't be stretched too thin and that I will have the energy to keep working hard for the gospel.

No comments: