Thursday, June 08, 2006

He's Into You

Monday night saw 50 women gather for the second of Women @ Paddo Evangelistic Events:




Fi, Alicia and I were on the organising team to get this event running. We held the event at the Hughenden Boutique Hotel (opposite church) and had Kirsten Hales come an speak giving the no-excuses truth to understanding relationships.

It was loosly linked to the book He's Just Not That Into You and Kirsten challanged the 20 non Christian women who came to pursue a relationship with God who clearly communicates with us and demonstrates his love for us in Christ Jesus! (Romans 5:8)

2 women indicated that they want to investigate further and should be coming along to Introducing God course Matthias is running - so that is really exciting.
Praise God!

(The first women @ paddo evangelistic event was Mother's Day Afternoon Tea at Bishop's Court (Archbishops Residence) - Christine Jensen gave a talk and pointed out that as a mother and grandmother two comforting things to know is that God is in control and God forgives! Many women were able to invite their mums and aunts and grandmothers to hear the gospel - I invited my grandmother, Doreen, and we had a good chat on the way home in the car about sin and forgiveness.
Praise God!

In other exciting news - I am off on holidays tomorrow for 2 weeks - heading to the south pacific with my two cousins Kim and Belinda... I am hoping to relax, refresh, read a good book (The Cross Of Christ which I got for my birthday) and get to know my cousins better.

TAKE CARE!

No comments: