Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Evangelist Quiz



Evangelistic Relationship Quiz
taken from http://ministrymarketingcoach.com

Take your relationship inventory. Read each statement and rate yourself on a scale of 1-10 (1=never, 10=always). Answer every question not only from your perspective, but as others would see you.

  • I strike up conversations with new people I meet and bring Christ into the conversation.
  • I attend community events where I can meet new people and help others.
  • I remember personal details about people and include them in conversations with them to show I care.
  • People are always introducing me to new people who are not believers in hopes I might share the gospel with them.
  • I intentionally share the message of the gospel.

  • I don’t “beat around the bush” but make sure people I know hear the message of Jesus’ death on the cross for our sins and the availability of forgiveness through faith in Him.
  • I follow-up with the people who make decisions to follow Christ with within 48 hours.
  • I believe that everyone should hear the gospel!
  • I don’t mind talking openly with people about my faith even when I am being overheard.
  • When I am out and about I keep in mind my conversation and behavior could impact my ability to witness.
  • I am not constantly pestering people about the gospel–people have fun when I am around too.
  • My community (not just my church) can count on me to be involved in local programs and volunteer projects.
  • I feel confident when I talk to other people about Jesus.
  • I remember to acknowledge the good and strengths I see in others. It’s not all about me!
  • I strive to be a servant at heart by giving of myself in helping people, listening to them, and showing Christian love to them in any way possible.
  • I ask my friends to introduce me to people in their network who do not know Jesus.
  • People often encourage me saying my evangelistic ministry inspires them to be more outward with their faith.
  • I see myself as one who is dedicated to helping other people succeed in life.
  • My relationship skills and networking have produced fruit in leading others to Christ in the last six months.
[Score Yourself: Add up your score and look at your total. Around 30= Work on being more outgoing. Around 60= Try being more intentional with the gospel. Around 90=Clarify your vision and passion for evangelism. Around 120= Don’t stop growing, but bring someone along with you to help them catch your passion. Around 160= Shouldn’t you be training others to do what you do? Take your total score and and divide by 18 to get your average score. Can you improve your average?]

2 comments:

Andrew Kenny said...

I like your quiz though I think you should allow more room for the Spirit of God to direct and open up the conversation. When Jesus spoke to the woman at the well he asked first of all about getting a drink, then it was the woman who got all religious about a Jewish man speaking to a woman!

Then the conversation opened up like a flower because Jesus was always open to the Father and the response of the woman. I believe that by really moving in the Spirit, listening to Him, and taking His lead is most important.

Sometimes the Spirit will impress on us the need for us to press hard,at other times we must bide our time and perhaps it will be later that an opportunity will open up for us.

Paul often prayed that God would open up doors for him to share the gospel.We must go through the doors He opens and not go bashing down every door we see in the hope it will open-that's what makes witnessing for Christ the most exciting and wonderful ministry on earth-working along with the Trinity God.

I certainly admire the zeal of many who want to share Christ at every instance but we all must take Christ's yoke and 'learn of Him'. Even if we blow it and our attempts fail due to us being too quick or insensitive, as He is 'gentle and lowly of heart' he will take us under his wing and teach us His way!

May the Lord grant you a loving and God honouring ministry.

Peace and Grace
Andrew

Hayley said...

Hi Andrew - thanks for your comment.

I agree with you: Spirit's leading, model of Jesus, doors of opportunities...

Its not 'my' quiz, http://ministrymarketingcoach.com but I like it because it helps you move a little out of your comfort zone for the sake of others. Which I think Jesus would have been okay with - not as though he was scared to say Hi to strangers and start a spiritual conversation.

I think this quiz resonates with 'Just Walk Across The Room' by Bill Hybles I just read too... Bill calls it the "circle of conversational comfort" where its easy and no risks are involved.
Let's move out of our Christian bubbles because:

"Knowing that the God of the universe has equipped you to bestow the greatest gift in this life on another human being, choose today to lead a life of impact - eternal impact. Take a walk! See what HE might do"

FOR CHRIST'S FAME,
Hayley