Thursday, May 01, 2008

What I am...


Listening to:

  • Dimitri Shostakovich
    Russian Composer (1905 - 1975) - He lived an intense life which is reflected in his music and doesn't the image of him depict a man of depth, mystery and brilliance. I just bought his 9th Symphony - which is inspired by the 1905 events of the Russian Revolution.
Happy about:
  • My brother Todd and Carrie getting married. April 25 was the day they got hitched and it was really a great day with family and friends. It was nice to hear Toby preach at the wedding, which I think spoke loudly to our non-Christian family, plus I really enjoyed listening to the groomsmen and bridesmaid speeches about Todd & Carrie.

  • Changing from Hebrew 1 A to Hebrew 1B... Had a catch up lesson with my new lecturer Wendy with another girl Tessa, and it was amazing. We both feel like we have our heads around it already!! woo hoo!

  • Coles Belgian Fruit & Nut Chocolate.
Bemused by:
  • Accordance Bible Software: I have no idea really how to use all the features and additional programs I got. Looking forward to the training day in July!
    http://www.accordancebible.com/
Thinking about:
  • This quote from Antigone by Sophocles:
    " Wisdom is the supreme part of happiness; and reverence towards the
    gods must be inviolate. Great words of prideful men are ever punished with great blows, and, in old age, teach the chastened to be wise."

Greek Text - http://www.perseus.org/

Thankful for:
  • Holidays... really restful and fun! Spent time with Toby, Liz and my niece Maisy plus 4 good friends came up for a few days too... But maybe my hols were too good as it was hard coming back from my Aunt's gorgeous home to my room at college. It was hard on Monday to get back into it but the rest of the week has picked up and I feeling joyfully content about being here. Praise Jesus!

  • My Connect Group & CBTB: really love Tuesday & Sunday nights, it is a true highlight of my week. I have recently been really blown away by the generosity and love they have showered on me.

  • Friends: praise Jesus for the friendships that he has so abundantly blessed me with.

Looking forward to:
  • Outreach Meeting: to think through ways in which CBTB can be a part of our Kirribilli community.

  • Equip Womens Conference - a chance to hang out with women @ CBTB and be encouraged from God's word together. Plus Claire Smith's seminar on the superwomen. CHECK OUT: www.equip.org.au

No comments: