Saturday, April 19, 2008

God gives...






Psalm 127

A Song of Ascents. Of Solomon.


1Unless the LORD builds the house,
those who build it labor in vain.
Unless the LORDwatches over the city,
the watchman stays awake in vain.

2It is in vain that you rise up early
and go late to rest,eating the bread of anxious toil;
for he gives to his beloved sleep.

3Behold, children are a heritage from the LORD,
the fruit of the womb a reward.
4Like arrows in the hand of a warrior
are the children of one’s youth.

5Blessed is the man
who fills his quiver with them!
He shall not be put to shame
when he speaks with his enemies in the gate.


I went to SaturdayEV tonight with my brother, my sister-in-law and my niece. I really enjoyed! Nice music, friendly people, yum food and generally a good feel about the place! I especially liked the sermon. It's school holidays so they were doing a one off sermon on the above Psalm, which was especially fitting as they had a thanksgiving for a child in their church family!

The sermon was a much needed reminder that in everything, yes everything, it is God who gives. It is He who gives success, sleep, children, life and our glorious Saviour! While soaking in these truths as the preacher spoke, I couldn't help but notice the richness of this text...
( Iwill blog more later, when I can pin down some of the thoughts flying around in my head)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

sounds like a great service. Anything we can take away and use @ CBTB?!