Sunday, March 09, 2008

March Prayer Update...


PRAISE GOD:

  • I am very aware of his kindness to me in the transition into college life. I have found the last few weeks leaving home, moving in, making friends, starting study, leaving Matthias, starting at CBTB, and generally settling in a joy! There are lots of changes and things to get used to but I have to say it’s bee a pleasant few weeks.
  • Thank God for people who lift your gaze from yourself to the infiniteness of God and his plans for the world:

    ➲ Friday Community Chapel we were challenge to think outside the box of Sydney by some folk from OMF. It was awesome to hear of the growth of God’s church in places like Africa and Asia and the need for people to GO!

    ➲ Last night I bumped into Jo (we both taught SRE at North Sydney Dem 2 or so years ago!) and she was great in challenging me to keep Indigenous Australia on the agenda. She knows my story and how the time spent out in Burringurrah Community impacted me and made me realise the urgency of the gospel. So she wanted to remind me of that passion and conviction I used to speak with. She shared with me the many opportunites she is aware of, the need for youth ministry and the lack of workers under the age of 40 out there!

PRAY:

  • That I would be willing to be more prayerful about the future plans and that I would be open to heading into gospel work amongst Indigenous/Remote Communities. It has never slipped from my radar but in the last 2 years it has definitely become far less a priority and dream. Pray also that I would be prayerfully support the work going on already out there. (So partly why I am blogging about it is so that you will ask me about it and keep me thinking about it!)
  • That I would wear my glasses and go get my eyes re-tested. I have had a really sore eyes and headaches over the last week. Some days are better than others, but it makes it hard to concentrate in class and studying - as it hurts to think (yep I said it).
  • For my friends and that they would meet and love Jesus. Please pray especially for my friend Lisa who came to church the other week! Thank God for our friendship!

No comments: