Friday, August 11, 2006

Busy, Busy, Busy?

Been busy the last week or so...

additional to the normal stuff I do week by week I have had:

  • Summerfest '07 meeting - January mission up on the Central Coast. This will be my fourth year on team and I will be co-leading with a Coastie Andy Bootes. Looking forward to being on a teen section and leading... should be full of fun and challenges. Both my brothers are on team too so it is always a good time to serve alongside them. I have also been able to recruit some fresh blood from Matthias... so about 6 young women have joined the team with me - again a great time to build friendships with these women and serve with them.

  • KYCK Creative Hub - unsure exactly yet what i am to do except think creatively for KYCKSTART youth conference at Katoomba Convention Centre in January 2007. First meeting is on Monday night, will find out more then.

  • Hair Cutting Adventures... Sam and I attacked Doug's hair to make him decent for his sermon on Sunday... Sam and I both agree we did a great job, however this is disputed > read Doug's blog for his side of the story... htttp://duck5.blogspot.com It was a productive Friday afternoon of ministry! I ended up with a new hair cut too... the scissors got the better of me on Saturday night.

  • Good movie viewing: 49UP - Saw this documentary on Thursday night with Marcia. After having troubles working out which Palace Cinema it was screening at we made it in and we both thoroughly enjoyed it. So interesting to see how much people change within 7 years and how outlooks on life, relationships, career and all that, changes with time.

    Marcia and I after grabbed dinner at Mickey's and came out realising just how broken our world is, how much pain we can have on those we 'love' and the ultimate distortion in relationships because of our sinful and fallen nature. Despite saying this, Marc and I began to see 49 out of all the 7 year increments was the age of hope... maybe it will take over as my idea of the ultimate age. (yes, can you believe I am moving my stance from 30 being the ultimate age to 49).

    It was interesting to note that the God question footage wasn't screened for all the people involved - which is a shame as I think it would be facinating to hear people's perception of God in their lives and how their idea of God differs at 7 yrs, 14, 21, 28 etc. Only one acknowledged God and he was the lonley, homeless for a number of years Eccentric ...

    smh review: http://www.smh.com.au/text/articles/2006/07/20/1153166508749.html

No comments: